- To build up Odisha Vigilance as a premier anti-corruption agency of the country maintaining its professional edge through continuous training and education.
- To emerge as an institution of national excellence and set the benchmark for training, development and capacity building in the field of anti corruption and Vigilance.
- To continuously upgrade professional knowledge and skills of Vigilance Officers to ensure quality investigation.
- To train Prosecutors and Counsels for proper prosecution of vigilance cases leading to more conviction in court of law.
- To train Chief Vigilance Officers of the Government Departments, Heads of the Department and State Public Sector undertakings in order to strengthen internal Vigilance mechanism so as to ensure Preventive Vigilance.
- To train officers of State Government and Public Sector undertakings on anti corruption, transparency and Vigilance and their critical linkages with development and good governance.
- To conduct internship programmes for college and university students and extend interface with the Academia.
- To leverage the use of information technology and social media in intensifying the anti-corruption efforts.
- To constantly update and upgrade the anti-corruption processes, procedures and systems with infusion of latest technology and scientific aids to investigation in order to keep pace with changing times, increasing sophistication in the nature of commission of economic offences and the rapidly changing modus operandi of economic offenders.